I always find the results of this reader survey enlightening and interesting. Enjoy!
This year’s survey report is now available. It’s taken me quite some time to compile the results because … as you know I spent the last five weeks recovering from a plane crash.
The survey attracted 2418 participants from around the world – 84% female and 16% male.
A few highlights to whet your appetite.
- AS IN PRIOR YEARS, THE SURVEY ATTRACTED HIGH VOLUME READERS– 72% read more than 20 books a year; 55% read more than 30
- 49% of participants USE SOCIAL MEDIA REGULARLY TO SUPPORT THEIR READING
- GENDER MAKES A DIFFERENCE– among the differences—women read more than men and use social media more regularly in support of reading; men and women prefer different types of stories and different non-fiction
- PRINT BOOKS REMAIN POPULAR– Of 2418 participants, 75% frequently or exclusively use print books
- Not surprisingly, ENTERTAINMENT IS THE DOMINANT REASON FOR READING…
View original post 181 more words